STINGRAY® WIN A TRIP TO THE JUNOS™
THE CONTEST IS INTENDED TO BE CONDUCTED IN CANADA ONLY. PARTICIPANTS MUST BE AGED 19 YEARS OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF THEIR PARTICIPATION. VOID IN WHOLE OR PART WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONTEST RULES (THE "CONTEST RULES").
- To be eligible for this Contest, an individual must:
- be a legal resident of Canada;
- be aged 19 years or older at the time of Contest entry;
- be legally able to travel within Canada, and have any and all necessary documentation as may be required for presentation to Canadian and/or International customs and airport personnel; and
- be on Canadian grounds on the date of departure for London, Ontario (March 15th, 2019).
- Employees of Stingray, its affiliates, related companies, or any distributor or company involved in the supply of the Prize (as defined below), (including the Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (“CARAS”)) or any phase of the Contest administration, advertising and promotional agencies, and the household members of any of the above, are not eligible to participate in the Contest. For the avoidance of doubt, CARAS is only a supplier of JUNOS™ related event tickets and passes as part of the Contest and is not responsible or otherwise involved for the supply of other components of the Prize, nor for the operation or administration of this Contest.
- Stingray shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to Stingray for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. Stingray reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any participant should such a participant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal and other information.
2. CONTEST PERIOD
The Contest begins on February 15th, 2019 at noon, Eastern Time ("ET") and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on March 7th, 2019 (the "Contest Period"), after which time the Contest will be closed and no further entries shall be accepted.
3. HOW TO ENTER
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
- To participate, the participant must, during the Contest Period, go on the Contest page, complete and submit the entry form located on such Contest page before the end of the Contest Period.
- Limit of one (1) entry per person, per household and per e-mail during the Contest Period. In the case of multiple entries, only the first eligible entry will be considered.
- All entries become the sole property of Stingray and none will be returned to participants for any reason. Entries must be received no later than the end of the Contest Period. Entries will be declared invalid if they are late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, mutilated, forged, garbled or mechanically or electronically reproduced. No communication or correspondence will be exchanged with participants except with the winner.
- Entries received online shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the entry. For the purpose of the Contest Rules, "authorized account holder" of an e-mail address means the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The selected participant may be required to provide Stingray with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
- There is one (1) prize available to be won. The prize consists of a trip for two (2) adults of a total approximate value of four thousand dollars (CDN $4,000.00) (the “Prize”). The Prize consists of the following components:
- Two (2) round-trip economy airfare for the winner and his/her guest leaving together from the same gateway from a Canadian International airport closest to winner's home, to London, Ontario;
- Two (2) nights hotel accommodation in London, Ontario on March 16th and March 17th, 2019, for the winner and his/her guest (one (1) double occupancy standard room);
- Two (2) JUNOfest wristbands;
- Two (2) floor tickets to attend “The 2019 JUNO Awards Broadcast Rehearsal” on March 17th, 2019;
- Two (2) passes to attend “The JUNOS™ Red Carpet Audience” on March 17th, 2019;
- Two (2) floor tickets to attend “The 2019 JUNO Awards Broadcast” on March 17th, 2019; and
- Five hundred dollars (CDN $500.00) as spending money.
- The actual value of the Prize will depend on departure city (if applicable), and the Prize includes only that which is specifically described herein and no other allocation is provided. For the avoidance of doubt, the winner and his/her guest will be responsible for transportation to and from airport, ground travel in London, and for insurance, travel documentation, gratuities, telephone calls, in-room charges and any other expense not explicitly included in the Prize.
- The following conditions apply to the Prize:
- The winner and his/her guest must be legal residents of Canada and be aged 19 years or older (at the time of the Contest entry, for the winner, and at the time of awarding the Prize, for his/her guest);
- In case the winner and/or his/her guest do not use a component of the Prize, they will lose such component;
- Arrangements related to the trip must be made by the winner and his/her guest with Stingray within the timeframe provided by Stingray. The winner and his/her guest must provide Stingray with their full name as it appears on a piece of identification, as well as a valid e-mail address for sending electronic documents. No changes will be accepted once the arrangements have been made. No compensation will be awarded to the winner and his/her guest in the event that they cannot take part in the trip in accordance with the arrangements previously made, for any reason whatsoever;
- The winner and his/her guest hereby agree that Stingray takes pictures of them, film them, or otherwise capture their names, images voices and testimonials before, during and/or after the trip, for the purpose, amongst others, to describe their experience as part of the Contest, and they consent to the use of such elements according to Section 10 of the Contest Rules.
- The Prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash, except as determined by Stingray. Stingray reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute the Prize by a prize of equal or greater value if the Prize (or any portion thereof) cannot be awarded for any reason. There will be no compensation made to the winner and his/her guest if a Prize (or any portion thereof) is not used, for example if the winner and/or his/her guest reside in Ontario and do not need to travel by airplane.
5. DRAW AND PRIZE CLAIM
- On March 8th, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. E.T., at Stingray’s offices in Montreal (Quebec), a random draw will be conducted among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period for the purpose of selecting the potential winner. Odds of being selected depend on the number of eligible entries received by Stingray.
- THE SELECTED PARTICIPANT WILL BE NOTIFIED BY STINGRAY BY EMAIL NO LATER THAN MARCH 8TH, 2019 AT 05:00 p.m. E.T. AND SHALL CONTACT STINGRAY AS PRESCRIBED IN STINGRAY’S NOTIFICATION.
- To be declared a winner, the selected participant shall comply with these Contest Rules, correctly answer the mathematical skill-test question on the declaration and release form (described in Section 6 below) (the “Declaration and release form”), sign and return the Declaration and release form within two (2) business days from its receipt.
- If the selected participant fails to comply with any of the conditions set forth in the Contest Rules, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive the Prize, which will may be awarded to another participant selected by Stingray.
6. DECLARATION AND RELEASE FORM
The selected participant and his/her guest will be required to fill out, sign and return to Stingray the Declaration and release form that confirms: (i) their eligibility for the Prize and their compliance with these Contest Rules; (ii) their acceptance of the Prize as offered; and (iii) their release of Stingray, its affiliates and/or related companies and each of their employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors, administrators, licensees, representatives, advertising and promotional agencies, including CARAS (collectively, the "Beneficiaries"), from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Prize, participation in the Contest, any breach of the Contest Rules, or in any Prize-related activity.
- By entering the Contest, each participant releases the Beneficiaries from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Prize, participation in the Contest, any breach of the Contest Rules, or in any Prize-related activity.
- When applicable, the winner and his/her guest acknowledge that the only warranty applicable to its Prize is the manufacturer’s usual warranty and the one provided by the Prize suppliers, if any.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
The Beneficiaries assume no responsibility or liability:
- for lost, late, unintelligible, illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected and/or incomplete entries, notifications and/or replies;
- for any computer, online, software, telephone, hardware or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions related to the use of the Contest page or that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry;
- for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by users of the Contest page or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest;
- for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries;
- in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of Stingray, such as infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest and/or the Contest page.
For the avoidance of doubt, this limitation of liability shall not apply to any bodily or moral damages.
- By entering the Contest, each participant agrees to be bound by the Contest Rules, which will be posted on the Contest page for the Contest Period. Each participant further agrees to be bound by the decisions of Stingray, which shall be final and without appeal, subject, in Québec, to any decision of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux on all matters within its jurisdiction.
- Stingray reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any participant found to be (a) violating the Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or the Contest page; and/or (c) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. The person in question may be reported to the competent legal authorities.
- The winner must at all times behave appropriately when participating in the activities or events included in or related to the Prize and must observe the Contest Rules and any other rules or regulations in force at the applicable locations.
10. PERSONAL INFORMATION AND AUTHORIZATION
- For the sole purposes mentioned hereinabove, the participants’ personal data may be communicated to Stingray’s affiliates worldwide, or to any contract partners or service providers.
- By entering the Contest, the participants also agree to grant an irrevocable and royalty free licence and permission to Stingray to use their name, photograph, image, voice, testimonial and place of residence (as the case may be), for publicity and promotional purposes relating to the Contest, in any media and platform now known or hereafter devised, without limitation of time and territory.
11. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
Any and all Contest related material is protected by intellectual property (including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations) and is the sole and exclusive property of Stingray and/or its affiliates, subject to any right of CARAS. Use of such protected material without the prior written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited. Stingray® is a trade-mark of Stingray. JUNOS™ is a trade-mark of CARAS and is used under license for the purpose of the Contest.
The Contest Rules are available on the Contest page during the Contest Period. The Contest Rules are applicable to each person who enters the Contest. Subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux in Quebec when required, Stingray reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, and/or modify or suspend the Contest, and/or the Contest Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice.
13. APPLICABLE LAW AND COMPLAINTS
- Subject to the below stated article, the Contest is subject to all applicable federal and provincial laws and regulations. Unless otherwise provided at law, all actions, proceedings or litigation relating hereto shall be adjudicated in the judicial district of Montreal, province of Quebec, and the parties consent to such exclusive venue and jurisdiction.
- For the residents of Quebec, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of the Prize may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux only for the purpose of helping the parties to reach a settlement.
If any provision of these Contest Rules is held by any court or administrative tribunal of competent jurisdiction to be illegal or unenforceable under applicable law, such provision shall be excluded from these Contest Rules and the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect. Stingray’s failure to enforce any term of these Contest Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the English language version and the French language version of the Contest Rules, the English version shall prevail.